South Dakota’s medical marijuana program opened in late 2021. In-person visits are required in order to obtain your state issued medical marijuana card. The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe (FSST) medical program is separate from the State’s program. Marijuana Card Clinic is the premium option for obtaining your state green card for South Dakota. There are no upfront fees, we do not take payment until you have been certified by one of our physicians. Should you be denied, your money will be refunded –however, we have never had a patient denied!
Medical marijuana patients must meet the following qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Patients under 18 years of age must have parental consent
- Have a current diagnosis of a qualifying condition (see below)
- Hold an official written certification from a physician
- Be a South Dakota resident with proof of residency (valid South Dakota driver’s license or state ID card)
Qualifying medical conditions set forth by the state are a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces on or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe, debilitating pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasm, including those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis
- Any other medical condition or its treatment added by the department
Patient must submit medical records to the clinic prior to appointment.
Medical marijuana patients may possess up to 3 ounces of cannabis including other allowable products. With an additional cultivation license, patients may grow up to 3 plants, and if needed a physician may authorize patient to cultivate in greater quantities. Patients may designate a “caregiver” provided the caregiver qualifies.